House 58, Road 15/A, (New) Dhanmondi, Dhaka 1209, Bangladesh,
Cell: +88 01716 670621
Born: 01 January 1985, Netrakona, Bangladesh
Compassion for Migrant Children, Bangladesh
Jun 2009 to Jul 2012: Photographer, Photography Department, Drik picture library Ltd. Dhaka, Bangladesh
Sep 2008 to Feb 2009: Photographer, Canvas fashion and lifestyle magazine, Dhaka.
Apr 2007 to Aug 2008: Contributing Photographer, The Daily Star, Dhaka.
|Name of Exam||Group/Subject||
|Secondary School Certificate||Commerce||
|Higher Secondary Certificate||Commerce||
|Graduation In Photojournalism||Photojournalism||2007-2009||Pathshala (The South Asian MediaAcademy and Institute of Photography|
Training & Work Shop:
• 2012: Climate Change Workshop at British Council, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• 2010: Angkor Photo Workshop, conducted by Patrick de Noirmont, Associated Press, Cambodia.
• 2009: Photographing the Magazine Assignment, conducted by Dick Doughty, Managing Editor of the
American magazine “Saudi Aramco World magazine”, as a part of Chobi Mela V, Dhaka Bangladesh.
• 2008: Edith Cowan University – Pathshala Photography Workshop conducted by Alison Morley, Former Photo Editor, The New York Times and Jay Mains in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• 2006: Workshop conducted by Norwegian Photographer Morten Krogvold, November 2006 as a part of Chobi Mela 2006, Dhaka Bangladesh.
• 2011, New talent, Nikon Small World Award.
• 2011, 2nd Prize from “Days Japan International Photojournalism Award, Japan.
• 2010, First Prize at Ummid Photo Contest, Bangladesh.
• 2010, Golden Prize from IOPF, China.
• 2009, achieved Ian Parry Scholarship as Commended, UK
• 2009, excellence award from China International Press Photo Contest, China.
Selected Exhibition & Screening:
• 2013, “Lajjar Noy -Valobasha-r” (I am proud of my child) Komolapur Railway Station, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• 2012, I Witness, Group exhibition of selected 25 photographers from worldwide, Bernice Steinbaum Gallery, Miami, Florida, USA.
• 2011, Days Japan International Photo Festival, Japan.
• 2011, Drik Day exhibition at Drik Gallery, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• 2010, Exhibition in Netrakona, Bangladesh.
• 2010, Exhibition by HPA, China.
• 2009, Ian Parry Scholarship Exhibition, UK.
• 2009, “Memories of Mankind” in Guangzhou, China.
• 2009, Perspective, Student Exhibition, Bangladesh.
• 2008: Student workshop Dok08, Photojournalism programme, Oslo, Norway.
• 2006, E exhibition o n Chobi Mela IV – 2006
Professional Work Experiences:
• UN Women: T o cover all projects and stories in Bangladesh.
• Plan International: Long-term agreement to cover all projects and stories in Bangladesh.
• UNICEF Bangladesh & Netherlands: A greement to cover all projects and stories in Bangladesh. Projects: Children’s Camera Club.
• Oxfam Novib: Netherland, Aftermath of Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar, February 2012.
• Water Aid: Support by Thames Water, yearlong assignment for photo stories on water related issues in Bangladesh
• Jones Hopkins Magazine: USA, Photo story on research project of health issues in Bangladesh.
• Verdensmagasinet X Magazine: Norway, photo documentary on climate change in Bangladesh.
• Room to Read: Long-term agreement to cover stories of “CHAR” students in Bangladesh.
• Action Aid UK: to make a photo story on garments worker.
• Inter Press Service (IPS): Assignment on “Millennium Development Goal” in Bangladesh.
• CIMMYT: Mexico, Photo assignment in Bangladesh.
• ICRC: Photo Assignment
• Zaza Popecha: French, Assignment on Kid’s Fashion.
• Norwegian Embassy: Event photography
• Asian University for women: Trip with Ms. Cherie Blair and documentation.
• Netherlands Embassy: Event photography.
• Norway National Committee: Assignment by UNICEF.
• Pakistan Government: Assignment on documentation of famous places in three big cities in Pakistan for exhibition.
• GIZ: Bangladesh.
• Samam Magazine: for children in Netherlands.
• Saudi Aramco World: USA, photo story on midwives in Bangladesh.
• Asian Geographic Magazine: Singapore. Photo story “Life born in a Slum”
• Sunday Times Magazine: UK, August 2009. Image from photo story “Life born in a Slum”
• Saudi Aramco World Magazine: USA, June 2009. Photo story on Water and Health issue.
• Verdensmagasinet X: Norway, January 2010, Photo story on Climate Change in Bangladesh.
• Johns Hopkins Magazine: USA: November 2009. Photo story on health and environment in Bangladesh
• New York Time: USA, March 2010. Crossfire Exhibition.
• Humanistic Report: French, May 2010. Photo story and text of Life Born in a Slum.
• Days Japan Magazine: Japan, March 2011, Photo story and text: Life Born in a Slum.
• New York Time: USA, Image from Room to Read assignment.
• Tribal Truth: August 2010, Photo story and text of Geneva Camps – Where Dreams Are Restrained
• International Museum of Women: Photo story and text of Life Born in a Slum.
• Social Documentary: Photo story and text of Innocence to ‘living in Sin”
• 2009: Photo book, Perspective, South Asian Media Academy
Dr. Shahidul Alam
Drik picture library Ltd.
House- 58, Road- 15/A (new) Dhanmondi
Dhaka- 1209, Bangladesh
Marnix de Bruyne
Editor: Wordt Vervolgd – Amnesty International